Who We Are
Deepfield is a Nokia-owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend Internet backbone networks on a global scale. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics. We create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
Our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
The IT Manager role ensures that our complex systems are running smoothly and are highly available. Experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows system administration is required. Familiarity with various storage solutions, cloud hosting providers, revision control software, and networking is desired. Problem solving and experience investigating complex issues are a plus. A sense of ownership and responsibility is absolutely essential for success.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced systems administrator that can hit the ground running; someone who thrives in a complex, fast-moving environment. This isn't an upgrade to the latest version of the software once-a-year type of gig — you must be able to triage complex problems, ensure system stability and constantly improve processes.
● Maintain production systems for the Deepfield business unit (OpenVPN, Active Directory, Munki, etc.)
● Support users globally using multiple methods of communication
● Onboard new employees and assist new software engineers with their development environments (Docker, AWS overview, etc.)
● Contribute to a geographically widespread team
● Order new hardware and establish consistent hardware standards
Skill set requirements
● 4-6 years of general systems administration
● Linux, Mac, and Windows systems administration
● Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, S3, etc.)
● Basic understanding of Git repositories
● General network administration (switch, firewall, and wireless administration)
What You’re Great At
· Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
· Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
● Communicating effectively and clearly with a diverse user base
Bonus Points For
● Active Directory administration
● SCCM administration
● Sharepoint site management
● Google Apps and Office 365 administration
● Configuration management such as SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
● VMware administration
What You’ll Get
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight